Monday, November 3, 2008

Portraits: Family

I had a super fun shoot with a momma & her 3 boys yesterday at Shelby Farms. I take a lesson from each shoot I do. Today's lesson was that I definitely need to invest in a bounce sheet. J was with me, he could've held it up for me. The first few pics in the set the light is a little harsh. After we moved under the trees more, the lighting was better.

And since I'm making confessions here in blogworld, I'll admit this was the first time I shot completely in Programmed mode. (Yes, past shoots have mostly been in Automatic.) I'm learning a lot lately, and trying to apply that as I go. Not quite ready to shoot completely in Manual yet.

Here are my faves from this set. As always, view the rest in my photo gallery.

Please meet "Shark", along with "Big Brother Fish" and "Little Brother Fish", the nickname bestowed upon them by the middle child, as you can probably guess.


This was my mom's favorite from the group. (Yes, I show my mom my photography, like a kid running home from school with their artwork!)








My fave.

2 comments:

Anonymous November 3, 2008 at 9:32 AM  

Fabulous photos!!
A friend of mine always uses the Program mode as well. Personally, I was always in Auto until I learned the world of opportunity in Manual mode. You'll be there soon! :-)

WackyJacky November 4, 2008 at 11:08 AM  

Great photos! Your fave is my fave.

About Me

My photo
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Hi! I'm Crystal Chick. This blog started out as a "one new thing a day" project. The time on the project has ended, and now I write about new things as they happen. I also share recipes and talk about photography. For mini-updates, follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/krstlchik

Recent Posts

Followers

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP