Sunday, September 14, 2008

California: Bus Tour Pics (Part 2)

I am finally home ... the weather's warm, the tap water's drinkable, and my sinus are in full effect. I finally have a minute to sit down and show you the rest of the pictures from the bus tour. I'm still bummed that I couldn't take pictures the rest of the week, but you know I'll never make the mistake of leaving my charger home again!

So, the other day I posted pictures from one of our stops on the bus tour - overlooking downtown LA, catching site of the Hollywood sign, and I didn't show you, but we were right below Ron Howard's house.

The next stop was Universal City Walk. It's a big open air touristy shopping mall.






Ruth as an LA Oakland Raider. (Obviously I'm clueless about sports. Thanks, Sean.) I think she could pull it off, don't you?


I took this picture for the benefit of my Star Wars obsessed boy.

After Universal City Walk, we hit Hollywood Boulevard.

Mann's Chinese Theater


Kodak Theater (or theatre, I'm pretty sure we can spell it either way, right?)


We didn't want to pay the fake celebrities for pictures, so I tried to snap them on the down-low.




Another picture for J.

Our final stop was Beverly Hills.





Beverly Wilshire Hotel - where they filmed Pretty Woman.

4 comments:

Anonymous September 14, 2008 at 1:36 PM  

I'm jealous, I've never been out to California.

It's the Oakland Raiders, btw.

Crystal Chick September 14, 2008 at 1:43 PM  

@dawankler - corrected, thanks. :D

WackyJacky September 15, 2008 at 8:46 AM  

You know I grew up in Northern CA with the Oakland Raiders. So when they changed it from Oakland Raiders to LA Raiders it was a very sad day. A lot of unhappy people. I'm glad they changed back it never sounded right as LA Raiders. :-)

Crystal Chick September 15, 2008 at 9:06 AM  

@wackyjacky - thanks for that bit of history. I wish it justified my error, but I just really didn't know. :D

About Me

My photo
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Hi! I'm Crystal Chick. This blog started out as a "one new thing a day" project. The time on the project has ended, and now I write about new things as they happen. I also share recipes and talk about photography. For mini-updates, follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/krstlchik

Recent Posts

Followers

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP