Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Banner Image

Woohoo! I finally posted an image at the top of the page. It only took me an hour of sorting through photos, cropping, editing, discarding ... and finally I settled on the pumpkins. So, now everyone join in and do a happy dance with me!

Of course, this means I'll have to change it when the next holiday rolls around, but I'll take enough pictures between now and then to have an arsenal to choose from.

What do you guys think? Do you like the pumpkins in the banner above? Just for reference (and to share one of my trade secrets... shhh!) I used the image below. I cropped it, resized it to the proper width and applied Pioneer Woman's Soft & Faded Action to it to give it that rustic, not quite black and white, not quite sepia, look.

By the way, if you have never visited Pioneer Woman's website before, get your patootey over there, stat! She's got a few different things going on that'll keep you entertained. And, you might just learn a thing or two! (I know I've picked up a few things about photography & photoshop. Shout out to Andrea for getting me hooked on this site!)

3 comments:

Anonymous October 7, 2008 at 8:48 PM  

I like it! And in black and white, that's neat :D

Anonymous October 7, 2008 at 10:54 PM  

It took me a minute to figure out what it was because it looks exactly like a scanning electron microscope picture.

Crystal Chick October 8, 2008 at 8:29 PM  

@lisa - yay! b&w! ironically, J hates anytime I do b&w. he instantly snaps "i don't like that". i told him to keep his b&w opinions to himself in the future. hmph, kids!

@dawankler - i have no idea what a "scanning electron microscope picture" is, smart guy.

About Me

My photo
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Hi! I'm Crystal Chick. This blog started out as a "one new thing a day" project. The time on the project has ended, and now I write about new things as they happen. I also share recipes and talk about photography. For mini-updates, follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/krstlchik

Recent Posts

Followers

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP