Monday, April 14, 2008

Fantastic Voyeur

I've been a big fan of Photojojo for a while now. They've provided me with inspiration for many photo projects (some of which you've seen on my New Things blog. The idea for the photo project below comes from Photojojo, as well (who, in turn, got it from The Plug). It looked like so much fun, I just had to try it out. So, copying the style that this project was done on The Plug's website, I tied a disposable camera to a bench, and provided a note explaining what it was for. I was afraid I would come back at the end of the day and find the camera either stolen or not used. But thanks to the suggestions from my friends Murl & Dee, I found just the right part of town to place it in. This was tied to the bench at Madison & Cooper in Midtown at 8a. When I returned at 5p, I found a couple trying to take a picture... but the film had been used up completely. Success!



Do you know any of the fine human beings below? (click for larger images)




This was very exciting, and I'm already planning where I'm going to leave the next camera. (Can't tell you where just yet!)

5 comments:

KnittyMel April 14, 2008 at 4:05 PM  

That's so cool!

Sean April 15, 2008 at 1:12 PM  

This made me smile today. What a fantastic experiment....

Riki April 15, 2008 at 6:02 PM  

I'm shocked that nobody stole it. Guess you have to chose the place wisely. That is neat!

Anonymous April 15, 2008 at 6:20 PM  

Oh that is way awesome! Now I REALLY want to get going on doing this! :D

Melly Kay January 3, 2009 at 8:38 PM  

what a cool idea!! i was looking for people i know but i didn't see anyone lol. i am surprised no one stole it either. i may have to try this!

About Me

My photo
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Hi! I'm Crystal Chick. This blog started out as a "one new thing a day" project. The time on the project has ended, and now I write about new things as they happen. I also share recipes and talk about photography. For mini-updates, follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/krstlchik

Recent Posts

Followers

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP